cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hiroaki KAWAI <ka...@stratosphere.co.jp>
Subject Re: committer wanted for review
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2013 10:11:34 GMT
Probably we've agreed on that double slash should not
generated by cloudstack.

If something went wrong and double slash was passed to
Winfows based NFS, the reason may A) there was another
code that generates double slash B) cloudstack configuration
or something user input was bad C) some path components became
empty string because of database error or something unexpeceted
D) cloudstack is really being attacked etc.,

Anyway, double slash should not happen and the admins should be
able to know when the NFS layer got that sequence.
I'd prefer WARN for this reason, but INFO may do as well.
I don't have strong opinion on log level.

In addition to that, "auto-fix" may not be a "fix" for example in
case "C". I don't want to see autofix code in many places,
"auto-fix" might be a "fix" where the path is really passed to
NFS layer.

Another approach to double-slash is just reject the input and raise
a CloudstackRuntimeException.
But I'd prefer auto-fix because of case "A" at this moment...