cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ove Ewerlid <Ove.Ewer...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: KVM development, libvirt
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 07:04:55 GMT
On 06/06/2013 08:37 AM, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 08:29:26AM +0200, Ove Ewerlid wrote:
>>>>

>>> +1 - need more people focussed on cloudstack-infra in general.
>>
>> The 41 regression with local storage, that required 2 or more hosts
>> to duplicate, would be one example of an issue that would be
>> detected by automatic testing provided the testing is done on a
>> sufficiently big test fixture.
>>
>> Q: How many hosts are used in daily testing now?
>
> 3 (2 in a cluster, 1 in a second pod) and 1 in a second zone -
> totalling 4 hosts in the test rig.
>
> But I don't enable local storage on it. It's occupied testing XCP,
> Xen and KVM with shared storage. The more configurations the longer
> the test run time.

Not sure if you use multiple run queues, one queue with a more extensive
job that runs ones per day to capture issues in a larger test fixture
that is not suitable to build for every single commit. This test needs
to complete within 24 hours.

/Ove

--
Ove Everlid
System Administrator / Architect / SDN & Linux hacker