cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hiroaki KAWAI <ka...@stratosphere.co.jp>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Release Apache CloudStack 4.1.0 (fifth round)
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 23:01:10 GMT
It took time to investigate what's happening on Ubuntu.

On Ubuntu, we don't have apparent problem with current setup.
We don't have to touch catalina.out simply because it is
not used.
# Cloudstack java stdout is sent to /dev/null.

In tomcat6, java stdout,stderr is redirected to catalina.out
(in /usr/share/tomcat6/bin/catalina.sh)
So, the init script touches catalina.out before invoking
catalina.sh. Additionally, there's logrotate configuration
in tomcat6 package, which will be installed at
/etc/logrotate.d/tomcat6 during postinstall.

IMHO, it is preferable to have our catalina.out, but
there's no need to fix it in haste.