cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sailaja Mada <sailaja.m...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Pushback 4.2.0 Feature Freeze
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 09:33:32 GMT
I would vote +1  only  if  A) No new features B) Existing features should continue to work
and not cause for regression failures .

Thanks,
Sailaja.M

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 8:32 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Pushback 4.2.0 Feature Freeze

Following our discussion on the proposal to push back the feature freeze date for 4.2.0 [1],
we have not yet achieved a clear consensus.  Well...
we have already defined the "project rules" for figuring out what to do.
In out project by-laws [2], we have defined a "release plan" decision as
follows:

> 3.4.2. Release Plan
>
> Defines the timetable and work items for a release. The plan also
> nominates a Release Manager.
>
> A lazy majority of active committers is required for approval.
>
> Any active committer or PMC member may call a vote. The vote must
> occur on a project development mailing list.

And our lazy majority is defined as:

> 3.2.2. Lazy Majority - A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding +1
> votes and more binding +1 votes than binding -1 votes.

Our current plan is the starting point, so this VOTE is a vote to change the current plan.
 We require a 72 hour window for this vote, so IMO we are in an odd position where the feature
freeze date is at least extended until Tuesday of next week.

Our current plan of record for 4.2.0 is at [3].

[1] http://markmail.org/message/vi3nsd2yo763kzua
[2] http://s.apache.org/csbylaws
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Cloudstack+4.2+Release

I'd like to call a VOTE on the following:

Proposal: Extend the feature freeze date for our 4.2.0 feature release from today (2013-05-31)
to 2013-06-28.  All other dates following the feature freeze date in the plan would be pushed
out 4 weeks as well.

Please respond with one of the following:

+1 : change the plan as listed above
+/-0 : no strong opinion, but leaning + or -
-1 : do not change the plan

This vote will remain open until Tuesday morning US eastern time.

-chip