cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: help on db code wanted
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 23:03:52 GMT
When you're debugging, you should modify the log4j-cloud.xml that jetty is reading.  I can't
remember where it is by default.  I have to find this file everytime but it's not any of the
files you find in the source as it is copied to some jetty deployment directory.  Maybe someone
knows where that file is.  If not, if you're on linux, you can always find out by doing a
lsof on the java process and see which log4j-cloud.xml it is using.  I assume you can do something
similar on the mac.  On windows, there's a utility called handle from system internals package
that will tell you.

Doing this means you'll lose your setting everytime you do a  mvn clean install.  So editing
one of the files in the source tree will give you a more permanent solution.  However, you
have to be careful not to check it in.

BTW, CloudStack gets updated live on logging configs so there's no need to restart cloudstack
after you change the configuration.  Just edit the file and save and within a minute or so,
cloudstack will use the new logging configuration.

--Alex