cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Release Apache CloudStack 4.1.0 (fifth round)
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 05:24:24 GMT
On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 08:01:10AM +0900, Hiroaki KAWAI wrote:
> It took time to investigate what's happening on Ubuntu.

Thanks for taking the time to investigate!

> On Ubuntu, we don't have apparent problem with current setup.
> We don't have to touch catalina.out simply because it is
> not used.
> # Cloudstack java stdout is sent to /dev/null.
>
> In tomcat6, java stdout,stderr is redirected to catalina.out
> (in /usr/share/tomcat6/bin/catalina.sh)

Does /usr/share/cloudstack-management/ link to /usr/share/tomcat6?
This is the case with RPMs at least. In which case the permission
should be for cloud:cloud and not tomcat:tomcat as the init script
might have done?

> So, the init script touches catalina.out before invoking
> catalina.sh. Additionally, there's logrotate configuration
> in tomcat6 package, which will be installed at
> /etc/logrotate.d/tomcat6 during postinstall.
>
> IMHO, it is preferable to have our catalina.out, but
> there's no need to fix it in haste.

Yes this time we better test it before release or it's going to be
embarassing to have a supported OS not work.

--
Prasanna.,