cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ACS42] Ceph Storage Integration with Cloudstack -
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 05:38:09 GMT
Thanks Wido for the response. I have another question.  Is there any impact because of storage
refactoring work that Edison and min have been doing??

-----Original Message-----
From: Wido den Hollander [mailto:wido@widodh.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:23 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ACS42] Ceph Storage Integration with Cloudstack -

Hi,

I recently wrote a short blog post about this:
http://blog.widodh.nl/2013/06/a-quick-note-on-running-cloudstack-with-rbd-on-ubuntu-12-04/

The RBD integration in CloudStack 4.2 (master branch) is ready for testing, not everything
has been verified by me, but it should work.

Things that I'm not yet sure about:
* Expunging of RBD volumes
* Expunging of unused templates from Primary Storage

It has all been integrated into the build process in master, so it should be just a matter
of setting up a cluster from the master branch, add Ceph primary storage and see if it works.

A second pair of eyes on the code is always welcome, since I probably forgot something.

Wido

On 06/12/2013 03:36 AM, Sudha Ponnaganti wrote:
> Hi Wido,
>
> This is regarding Ceph integration validation related to the following
> tickets

> If someone want to validate Ceph integration with Cloudstack, what are the requirements
and also is code ready for someone to validate??