cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Pushback 4.2.0 Feature Freeze
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 23:59:03 GMT
All,

Since we have taken an eight (8) week delay completing the 4.1.0 release, I would like propose
that we re-evaluate the timelines for the 4.2.0 release.  When the schedule was originally
conceived, it was intended that the project would have eight (8) weeks to focus exclusively
on 4.2.0 development.  Unfortunately, this delay has created an unfortunate conflict between
squashing 4.1.0 bugs and completing 4.2.0 features.  I propose that we acknowledge this schedule
impact, and push back the 4.2.0 feature freeze date by eight (8) weeks to 2 August 2013.
This delay will give the project time to properly review merges and address issues holistically,
and, hopefully, relieve a good bit of the stress incurred by the simultaneous 4.1.0 and 4.2.0
activities.

Thanks,
-John