cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.1 release manager
Date Sat, 25 May 2013 14:15:54 GMT

On May 25, 2013, at 10:08 AM, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Some time back I offered to be RM for 4.1.x , since then I took on the
>> GSoC effort and won't have time to be the RM.
>>
>> Therefore the position is up for grabs.
>>
>> Any takers ?
>>

> can we get a brief description of the responsibilities? I just might be
> interested

You would be responsible to get the 4.1.x releases out the door. Keep track of the JIRA bugs
that need to be applied to the 4.1 branch, cherry-pick them, do some minimal testing and conflict
resolution. Then prepare the source artifacts, signature, release notes. And finally start
the [VOTE] threads.

Basically what Joe has been doing for 4.0.x, am I sure he can elaborate and my one sentence
description.

I am sure, Chip, Joe, myself and others would help you out to get in the groove.

-Sebastien