cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "La Motta, David" <David.LaMo...@netapp.com>
Subject 4.2 snapshot: setting up ISOs - no go
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 21:28:20 GMT
So my 4.2 instance is up and running, system VMs are running (secondary storage VM and console
proxy VM), primary and secondary storage are up on NFSā€¦ all things considered and at a glance,
things look good.  However, when I try to add an ISO so that I can provision a VM, I am getting:

WARN  [storage.download.DownloadMonitorImpl] (1018141210@qtp-2013781391-38:) There is no secondary
storage VM for secondary storage host nfs://172.20.39.74/SnapCreator_secondary

Which is throwing me off, because the secondary storage VM seems to be up and happy.  I can
see it on XenCenter alive and well, too.  When I go through the ISO registration wizard, registration
seems to be successful in the UI, since the ISOs get added to the templates table--except
I get the warning in the console above.

If I try to add another secondary storage, I get:

ERROR [cloud.api.ApiServer] (1260872222@qtp-2013781391-40:) unhandled exception executing
api command: addSecondaryStorage
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Cannot transit agent status with event AgentDisconnected
for host 9, mangement server id is 271423992217301,Unable to transition to a new state from
Creating via AgentDisconnected
at com.cloud.agent.manager.AgentManagerImpl.agentStatusTransitTo(AgentManagerImpl.java:1436)

When in doubt, reboot, right?  So I shutdown my CS mgmt server and XenServer host and tried
again.  I even added more secondary storage without anything in it (the first NFS volume had
the system VM template on it).  Still, I get the same behavior as described above:  the UI
says the ISO was added, but the log file warns about the lack of a secondary storage VM.

If I attempt to go through the instance provisioning wizard, long and behold, the ISO is not
listed in the "My ISOs" tab.

There is also something strange that I've noticed (slightly off topic): if I have primary
storage allocated and resize the underlying volume on the storage controller, CS doesn't see
the new size.  Is there any way to force that to take place from the UI?  Clicking on refresh
did nothing about it.

Thanks!

David La Motta
Technical Marketing Engineer - Citrix