cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Suport for Conserve Mode in a shared Network for Network Offering
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 11:12:54 GMT
Yes, conserve mode is supported for network offerings for shared networks. Its likely that
original UI behaviour was to disable the check box, it did not make sense when shared networks
just had DNS, DHCP services. Checkbox should be enabled when any of source NAT, static NAT,
LB, FW services are selected. I might have missed this UI requirement when I added network
services in shared network.

From: Pranav Saxena <pranav.saxena@citrix.com<mailto:pranav.saxena@citrix.com>>
Date: Thursday, 9 May 2013 4:13 PM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Cc: Suresh Sadhu <Suresh.Sadhu@citrix.com<mailto:Suresh.Sadhu@citrix.com>>, Murali
Reddy <murali.reddy@citrix.com<mailto:murali.reddy@citrix.com>>, Alena Prokharchyk
<Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com<mailto:Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com>>
Subject: Suport for Conserve Mode in a shared Network for Network Offering

Hi ,

Could anyone confirm if  CloudStack supports enabling conserve mode while creating a Network
Offering in a SHARED network . From what I know CloudStack used to support it only  for Isolated
Networks .

Also as per Suresh , we can create a network offering for a shared network with Conserve Mode
“On” using the API (CLOUDSTACK-2411)  which makes me think , if there has been any change
in the code recently ?

Thanks,
Pranav