cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: Trouble still with finding TinyLinux template
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 16:25:50 GMT
Just wanted to throw out there that I stashed away all of my changes in
master and went back to what's in the repo, re-built and all, and arrive at
the same results.

Has anyone had success recently cleaning out their DB, re-building from
master, and running the CS MS?

Thanks!


On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Mike Tutkowski <
mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

> Walked through the steps again this morning and same ending.
>
> As soon as I run deployDataCenter.py, I get the following exceptions:
>
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: callHostPlugin failed for
> cmd: createISOVHD with args uuid: 9f3f9262-3f77-09cc-2df7-0d8475676260,
>  due to There was a failure communicating with the plugin.
>  at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.callHostPlugin(CitrixResourceBase.java:3985)
> at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.createPatchVbd(XcpOssResource.java:88)
>  at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.execute(CitrixResourceBase.java:1503)
> at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.execute(XcpOssResource.java:143)
>  at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeRequest(CitrixResourceBase.java:532)
> at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.executeRequest(XcpOssResource.java:137)
>  at
> com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.run(DirectAgentAttache.java:186)
> at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
>  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:206)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
> WARN  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-9:) Unable to start
> s-1-VM due to
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: callHostPlugin failed for
> cmd: createISOVHD with args uuid: 9f3f9262-3f77-09cc-2df7-0d8475676260,
>  due to There was a failure communicating with the plugin.
>  at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.callHostPlugin(CitrixResourceBase.java:3985)
> at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.createPatchVbd(XcpOssResource.java:88)
>  at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.execute(CitrixResourceBase.java:1503)
> at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.execute(XcpOssResource.java:143)
>  at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeRequest(CitrixResourceBase.java:532)
> at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.executeRequest(XcpOssResource.java:137)
>  at
> com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.run(DirectAgentAttache.java:186)
> at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
>  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:206)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
> WARN  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-9:) Unable to clean
> up VBD due to
> You gave an invalid object reference.  The object may have recently been
> deleted.  The class parameter gives the type of reference given, and the
> handle parameter echoes the bad value given.
>  at com.xensource.xenapi.Types.checkResponse(Types.java:209)
> at com.xensource.xenapi.Connection.dispatch(Connection.java:368)
>  at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServerConnectionPool$XenServerConnection.dispatch(XenServerConnectionPool.java:909)
> at com.xensource.xenapi.VBD.unplug(VBD.java:1059)
>  at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.handleVmStartFailure(CitrixResourceBase.java:1310)
> at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.execute(CitrixResourceBase.java:1584)
>  at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.execute(XcpOssResource.java:143)
> at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeRequest(CitrixResourceBase.java:532)
>  at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.executeRequest(XcpOssResource.java:137)
> at
> com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.run(DirectAgentAttache.java:186)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:206)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
> WARN  [storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:)
> Exception while trying to start secondary storage vm
> com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to create
> a deployment for VM[SecondaryStorageVm|s-1-VM]Scope=interface
> com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:782)
> at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:529)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:522)
> at
> com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.startSecStorageVm(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:262)
>  at
> com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.allocCapacity(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:687)
> at
> com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.expandPool(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:1303)
>  at
> com.cloud.secstorage.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.scanPool(PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:123)
> at
> com.cloud.secstorage.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.scanPool(PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:50)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:104)
> at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.access$100(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:33)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.reallyRun(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:81)
> at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.run(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:72)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)
>  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:204)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
>
>
>
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Mike Tutkowski <
> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah...it behaves, though, as if there is some info in the DB that is
>> confusing the CS MS into not believing it's in a fresh state.
>>
>> Is there an easy way to confirm the script ran successfully? In the past,
>> it's just always worked.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>
>> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:41 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> On May 7, 2013, at 1:47 AM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> > Also, just to throw this out there, it looks like my DevCloud2 host has
>>> > plenty of remaining memory and disk capacity.
>>> >
>>> >
>>>
>>> Did you redeploy the db ?
>>>
>>> > On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:44 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
>>> > mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>> >
>>> >> When I look at my DevCloud2 host in XenCenter, though, it says SSVM
is
>>> >> running (the CS MS disagrees).
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
>>> >> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>> >>
>>> >>> I figured I'd just go back to square one and see if I could get
>>> >>> everything to work with a clean environment.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> I deleted my DevCloud2 VM and re-installed the appliance (after
>>> >>> re-downloading it from the web).
>>> >>>
>>> >>> I cleaned out my database and had the tables built up from scratch.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> I kicked of the management server and I re-ran deployDataCenter.py
>>> to get
>>> >>> an environment configured.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> All seemed OK, however, I quickly noticed both of my system VMs
were
>>> not
>>> >>> starting.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> I looked in the console window and noticed the following (any
>>> thoughts on
>>> >>> this? I'm not sure why I'm getting an
>>> InsufficientServerCapacityException):
>>> >>>
>>> >>> WARN  [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:)
>>> >>> Exception while trying to start console proxy
>>> >>> com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable
to
>>> create
>>> >>> a deployment for VM[ConsoleProxy|v-2-VM]Scope=interface
>>> >>> com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:782)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:529)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:522)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.startProxy(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:743)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.allocCapacity(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:1105)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:1849)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:159)
>>> >>> at
>>> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:111)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.access$100(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:33)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.reallyRun(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:81)
>>> >>> at
>>> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.run(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:72)
>>> >>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)
>>> >>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:204)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
>>> >>> at
>>> >>>
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
>>> >>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Thanks!
>>> >>>
>>> >>>
>>> >>>
>>> >>> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
>>> >>> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>> >>>
>>> >>>> I looked here:
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> /opt/storage/secondary/template/tmpl/1/1 (on my DevCloud2 host)
and
>>> >>>> found a VHD file.
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> I do see in the GUI that I have a host alert on nfs://192.168.56.10:
>>> /opt/storage/secondary,
>>> >>>> but when I go look for the Alert (to see details), it is not
on the
>>> >>>> Events-Alerts page (the three general alerts that I have are
there,
>>> >>>> however).
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> Thanks!
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
>>> >>>> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>> Interesting...in Global Settings, I find a key with the
name
>>> 'host' and
>>> >>>>> its value is '192.168.56.1'.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> That looks correct, though, right?
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Wei ZHOU <ustcweizhou@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>> Hi Mike,
>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>>> The result of this command should be "192.168.56.1"
or similar
>>> value,
>>> >>>>>> not
>>> >>>>>> "10.2.0.15".
>>> >>>>>>     select value from cloud.configuration where name="host";
>>> >>>>>> Please make sure before you run "mvn -P developer -pl
>>> tools/devcloud
>>> >>>>>> -Ddeploysvr"
>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>>> you can change it by
>>> >>>>>>      update cloud.configuration set value="192.168.56.1"
where
>>> >>>>>> name="host";"
>>> >>>>>> you need to re-run "mvn -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run"
after it.
>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>>> Wei
>>> >>>>>> 2013/5/6 Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com>
>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>> Hi,
>>> >>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>> I recently updated my local repo, rebuilt, redeployed,
and all.
>>> >>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>> I wanted to kick off a VM, but I don't see the TinyLinux
>>> template.
>>> >>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>> Any thoughts on this? Just followed the normal procedure
I use
>>> for
>>> >>>>>> doing
>>> >>>>>>> this...didn't do anything different.
>>> >>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>> Thanks!
>>> >>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>> --
>>> >>>>>>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>> >>>>>>> *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
>>> >>>>>>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>> >>>>>>> o: 303.746.7302
>>> >>>>>>> Advancing the way the world uses the
>>> >>>>>>> cloud<http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
>>> >>>>>>> *™*
>>> >>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> --
>>> >>>>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>> >>>>> *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
>>> >>>>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>> >>>>> o: 303.746.7302
>>> >>>>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud<
>>> http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
>>> >>>>> *™*
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> --
>>> >>>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>> >>>> *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
>>> >>>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>> >>>> o: 303.746.7302
>>> >>>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud<
>>> http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
>>> >>>> *™*
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>
>>> >>>
>>> >>>
>>> >>> --
>>> >>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>> >>> *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
>>> >>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>> >>> o: 303.746.7302
>>> >>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud<
>>> http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
>>> >>> *™*
>>> >>>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >> --
>>> >> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>> >> *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
>>> >> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>> >> o: 303.746.7302
>>> >> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud<
>>> http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
>>> >> *™*
>>> >>
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > --
>>> > *Mike Tutkowski*
>>> > *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
>>> > e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>> > o: 303.746.7302
>>> > Advancing the way the world uses the
>>> > cloud<http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
>>> > *™*
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>> *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>> o: 303.746.7302
>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud<http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
>> *™*
>>
>
>
>
> --
> *Mike Tutkowski*
> *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
> o: 303.746.7302
> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud<http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
> *™*
>



-- 
*Mike Tutkowski*
*Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
o: 303.746.7302
Advancing the way the world uses the
cloud<http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
*™*

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message