cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Jessica Tomechak <jessica.tomec...@gmail.com>
Subject Any reason HA can not be used with baremetal?
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 14:38:34 GMT
Does it matter whether Offer HA is checked when creating a compute offering
for use with a bare metal deployment? My understanding of HA is that it
will restart a VM on another host in the same zone if the VM crashes. In
the case of bare metal, instead of a VM, we have a baremetal instance, one
per machine. Would checking Offer HA mean that if a bare metal host
crashes, another baremetal instance would be created on a different host in
the zone? Has anyone tried / tested this scenario?

Jessica T.