cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move forward with 4.1 without a Xen-specific fix for CLOUDSTACK-2492?
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 17:24:09 GMT
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Chiradeep Vittal
<Chiradeep.Vittal@citrix.com> wrote:
> For those wanting to use the S3-sync for XCP/Xen, they could use the 4.2
> template. Just like the IPV6 feature, that could be deemed experimental.

I'm now in agreement with this.  The "root issue" is now solved for
KVM and VMware users in 4.1.  We have also resolved the root cause in
the new system VM templates.  We can provide instructions for using
the new system VM templates within the documentation prior to
releasing 4.1, and highlight that required step if using S3.

I'm +1 on moving forward (although I started the vote, I figured I
should also cast a vote on this one).