cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move forward with 4.1 without a Xen-specific fix for CLOUDSTACK-2492?
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 08:14:04 GMT
+1 on moving forward.

On this issue and on the upgrade issue I have realized that we forgot about our time based
release philosophy.

There will always be bugs in the software. If we know them we can acknowledge them in release
notes and get started quickly on the next releases.

To keep it short, I am now of the opinion (and I know I am kind of switching mind here), that
we should release 4.1 asap and start working on the bug fix versions right away.

If we do release often, then folks stuck on a particular bug can expect a quick turn around
and fix of their problems.

-sebastien