cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Lock System VMs to specific IPs - due to security concerns and firewall rules
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 21:20:06 GMT
+1. You can fudge it currently via the API, but there's no guaranteeā€¦

It'd be really useful for the SSVMs, as we have various firewalls and other things configured
to let packets to/from them.

On May 2, 2013, at 2:02 PM, "Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:

> This request mostly affects corporate customers who are accountable for each IP on the
network and firewalls created to accommodate CS implementation.

> As it stands, there is no definite way to make ip "x" assign to SSVM and ip "y" to CPVM
and they can flap as they choose or even use some other IP address defined in the range.

> It would be really nice to have an ability to hard set IPs for CPVM, SSVM and RVM. Then
I can create meaningful firewall rules for each with no room for error.