cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Donal Lafferty <donal.laffe...@citrix.com>
Subject Hyper-V plugin - IP Dependencies
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 01:17:37 GMT
WRT to which IP dependencies on the Agent side are build-time and which are deploy time:

AFAIK, packages with a licence explicitly mentioned below are build time dependencies.  E.g.
code under MICROSOFT ASP.NET MODEL VIEW CONTROLLER 4  EULA, MIT License, and Apache License,
Version 2.0.  These files could be distributed or if need be downloaded form NuGet.

In addition, the agent builds against the .NET Framework 4.5.  The agent would not distribute
.NET Framework 4.5, as these binaries would be installed before deploying the agent.

Finally, the WMI subsystem and the Hyper-V 2012 hypervisor are deploy time dependencies.

DL

> h2. IP Dependencies
>
> The C# source code and configuration files that are input for code generate are in the
process of being marked with the Apache header ([http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers])
to indicate that Apache CloudStack will hold the copyright.

> Third party binaries used by the solution are the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, NuGet
packages, and AWS .NET SDK.  The AWS SDK is used to access S3 storage.  The NuGet packages
provide logging, JSON serialisation, and a light weight HTTP stack.  The background to NuGet
is that it is akin to a Maven repo, but each packages has a corresponding web page that includes
details of the license for use of the package.

> Licenses for the NuGet packages are enumerated below.  I do not have the .NET Framework
4.5 EULA to hand.

> Apache License, Version 2.0 ([http://logging.apache.org/log4net/license.html)]:
>
> AWS .NET SDK ([http://aws.amazon.com/sdkfornet/faqs/#13])
> Log4net 2.0.0 ([http://nuget.org/packages/log4net/])
>

> The MIT License (MIT):
>
> Newtonsoft.Json 4.5.11 [http://json.codeplex.com/license]
>

> MICROSOFT ASP.NET MODEL VIEW CONTROLLER 4  EULA
> ([http://www.microsoft.com/web/webpi/eula/mvc_4_eula_enu.htm])
>
> Microsoft ASP.NET Web API Core Libraries 4.0.20710.0 [http://nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Core/4.0.20710.0]
NuGet id="Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Core"  version="4.0.20710.0"
> Microsoft ASP.NET Web API Client Libraries 4.0.20710.0 [http://nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client/4.0.20710.0]
NuGet id="Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client" version="4.0.20710.0"
> Microsoft .NET Framework 4 HTTP Client Libraries 2.0.20710.0 [http://nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Net.Http/2.0.20710.0]
NuGet id="Microsoft.Net.Http" version="2.0.20710.0"
> Microsoft ASP.NET Web API Self Host 4.0.20918.0 [http://nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.SelfHost/4.0.20918.0]
NuGet id="Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.SelfHost" version="4.0.20918.0"