cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Vijayendra Bhamidipati <vijayendra.bhamidip...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: dvs cheatsheet?
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 20:09:28 GMT
Thanks for the pointers Ilya!  I was running into a bug that Sateesh fixed and I was able to
deploy the vds..

Cheers!
Regards,
Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: Musayev, Ilya [mailto:imusayev@webmd.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 4:30 PM
To: Vijayendra Bhamidipati; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: dvs cheatsheet?

Vijay,

I believe it was documented already and I did see a draft floating around. In summary, all
you need to know is following:

0) Enable dvswitch in global settings and restart
1) DVS is defined during VMWare cluster addition (*not when you add Physical Networks and
alter traffic label for vmware, this only works on standard switches*)
2) Only public and guest DVS traffic types are supported, which means storage and management
networks must use standard switch
3) When you add guest networks, the vlan id cannot be left blank, either define the VLANID,
or try to set it to 0 - if no vlan tagging is used

That should get you going.

If you find master branch to be unstable due to continuous dev work, I've posted the 4.1 branch
with DVS backported on github, along with other vmware related features backported from master.
You can see the commit history and code on http://github.com/serverchief/cloudsand

Regards
ilya