cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturv...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Should we pause merges into master until 4.1 is out the door?
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 00:50:26 GMT


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chiradeep Vittal [mailto:Chiradeep.Vittal@citrix.com]
> Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 5:35 PM
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Should we pause merges into master until 4.1 is out
> the door?
> 
> I don't see limited interest. It seems that bugs are trickling in every day and
> they are being taken up as they come in. Is there any blocker without any
> action for more than a few days? The only one I can see CLOUDSTACK-2463.
> That one is baffling to me and several others -- because the configuration
> that the bug reporter has was never supported. Even with 4.2, VMWare will
> not have security group support. Since it is a non-standard configuration, it
> suggests to me that it requires bespoke upgrade support.
[Animesh>] Out of 33 issues created in last 30 days we have resolved 29 issues
> 
> On 5/20/13 5:23 PM, "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> 
> >On May 20, 2013, at 7:50 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi
> ><animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com> wrote:
> >
> >>
> >>
> >>> -----Original Message-----
> >>> From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
> >>> Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 1:35 PM
> >>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> >>> Subject: [DISCUSS] Should we pause merges into master until 4.1 is
> >>>out the  door?
> >>>
> >>> All,
> >>>
> >>> I can't help but notice that we continue to have features being
> >>>developed  and proposed / merged into master while I struggle to get
> >>>opinions / help on  4.1.  I doubt that we (as a community) want to
> >>>abandon 4.1, but I can't be  certain.
> >> [Animesh>] No we should channelize to get 4.1 blockers resolved
> >>besides there are far more committers in community than open bugs so
> >>it does not make sense to block everyone on their contribution. Let me
> >>ask around who can help out on open blockers for 4.1
> >
> >The fact that you have to ask around sounds like limited interest from
> >others.
> >
> >>>
> >>> Should we abandon an attempt at releasing 4.1, and instead move on
> >>>to 4.2?
> >>> This wouldn't solve any of the blocker bugs holding up 4.1 though...
> >>>
> >>> Instead, should we hold off on all merges of new features into
> >>>master until
> >>> 4.1 is complete?  This might allow us to refocus as a community to
> >>>complete  the current release goal, but would obviously impact folks
> >>>that are working  on new features (although your help in completing
> >>>4.1 would be useful).
> >>>
> >>> -chip
> >>


Mime
View raw message