cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturv...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Should we pause merges into master until 4.1 is out the door?
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 23:48:28 GMT


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
> Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 1:35 PM
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: [DISCUSS] Should we pause merges into master until 4.1 is out the
> door?
> 
> All,
> 
> I can't help but notice that we continue to have features being developed
> and proposed / merged into master while I struggle to get opinions / help on
> 4.1.  I doubt that we (as a community) want to abandon 4.1, but I can't be
> certain.
[Animesh>] No we should channelize to get 4.1 blockers resolved besides there are far more
committers in community than open bugs so it does not make sense to block everyone on their
contribution. Let me ask around who can help out on open blockers for 4.1
> 
> Should we abandon an attempt at releasing 4.1, and instead move on to 4.2?
> This wouldn't solve any of the blocker bugs holding up 4.1 though...
> 
> Instead, should we hold off on all merges of new features into master until
> 4.1 is complete?  This might allow us to refocus as a community to complete
> the current release goal, but would obviously impact folks that are working
> on new features (although your help in completing 4.1 would be useful).
> 
> -chip

Mime
View raw message