cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Pushback 4.2.0 Feature Freeze
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 04:34:35 GMT
On May 29, 2013, at 7:59 PM, John Burwell <jburwell@basho.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> Since we have taken an eight (8) week delay completing the 4.1.0 release, I would like
propose that we re-evaluate the timelines for the 4.2.0 release.  When the schedule was originally
conceived, it was intended that the project would have eight (8) weeks to focus exclusively
on 4.2.0 development.  Unfortunately, this delay has created an unfortunate conflict between
squashing 4.1.0 bugs and completing 4.2.0 features.  I propose that we acknowledge this schedule
impact, and push back the 4.2.0 feature freeze date by eight (8) weeks to 2 August 2013.
This delay will give the project time to properly review merges and address issues holistically,
and, hopefully, relieve a good bit of the stress incurred by the simultaneous 4.1.0 and 4.2.0
activities.

> Thanks,
> -John

This is a reasonable idea IMO. I'd probably only extend by a month
personally, but your logic is sound.  I'd much rather have reasoned
discussions about code than argue procedural issues about timing any
day. This might help facilitate that on some of the features folks are
scrambling to complete.

Others?