cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject RE: OVS on KVM
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 11:34:25 GMT
Hey Sheng,

The tagging is done by libvirt. Can you check your agent.log?

I would have expected an entry in the log file looking like this 's_logger.debug("creating
a vlan dev and bridge for public traffic per traffic label " + trafficLabel);'

Also the XML document for the vif sent to libvirt should have the following tag '<vlan
trunk='no'>\n<tag id='" + _vlanTag + "'/>\n</vlan>"'

What are your traffic labels set to for kvm? Could you share your agent.properties?

Cheers,

Hugo

From: Sheng Yang [mailto:sheng@yasker.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 3:17 AM
To: Hugo Trippaers; <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: OVS on KVM

Hi Hugo,

I am trying to use OVS on KVM now, but I found all public ports are not tagged with public
vlan as it supposed to be, so any public traffic cannot goes out. I've verified that I am
using OvsVifDriver.

Here is the output of ovs-vsctl show:

<quote>
root@yasker-box1:~/kvm-agent# ovs-vsctl show
02281b72-131c-4b24-b191-fb1bb7fe186d
    Bridge "cloud0"
        Port "cloud0"
            Interface "cloud0"
                type: internal
        Port "vnet3"
            Interface "vnet3"
        Port "vnet0"
            Interface "vnet0"
    Bridge "cloudbr0"
        Port "vnet2"
            Interface "vnet2"
        Port "vnet6"
            Interface "vnet6"
        Port "vnet4"
            Interface "vnet4"
        Port "vnet9"
            Interface "vnet9"
        Port "vnet10"
            Interface "vnet10"
        Port "vnet1"
            Interface "vnet1"
        Port "cloudbr0"
            Interface "cloudbr0"
                type: internal
        Port "eth0"
            Interface "eth0"
        Port "vnet5"
            Interface "vnet5"
    ovs_version: "1.4.3"
</quote>

I've checked the Installation guide, it use different bridge for different vlan. But would
that be the only way to work? Because we can have different public vlans. Maybe I got some
setup wrong...

Any comments?

Thanks!

--Sheng