cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmad Emneina <aemne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Should we be releasing -beta releases?
Date Sat, 18 May 2013 23:01:06 GMT
I like the idea of nightly builds. Hopefully it could be tied into Jenkins and have passed
some sort of quality check. That way only known 'good' builds are exposed.

Ahmad

On May 17, 2013, at 5:32 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> We need to be careful about how we approach this. A "release" is something that is voted
on. A "release candidate" is something that is about to be voted on. If you you don't vote
on something, it's not a release. And if you've voted on something, it's no longer a candidate.
:)

> Two things we could do:
>
>  * Vote on, and officially release, beta/alpha versions. (This comes with the overhead
of the release procedure, and community fatigue of the voting/testing cycle.)

>  * Set up easy-to-access nightlies. Link to them from a place on the dev section of the
site, and make sure that people who we send there release that these are _not_ releases.