cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Soheil Eizadi <seiz...@infoblox.com>
Subject Eclipse Unit Testing
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 20:18:04 GMT
I have a problem with log4j when running my unit tests. It is not major as the tests run, but
I want to get the logging to work. Here are the warning messages I get:
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient).
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.

I read the wiki page on Unit Testing:
https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/unit-testing-101.html
and
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig

The wiki did not have detail on how to integrate with log4j infrastructure for Eclipse, I
could create my own log4j.xml for my project and have Eclipse use it, but wanted to know if
there were more elegant way to do this. I have not integrated with the main build and want
to make sure what I do just works when I integrate my Maven project and not have to change.

-Soheil