cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "La Motta, David" <David.LaMo...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: 4.2 snapshot: Instance creation fails
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 19:15:03 GMT
So, Ubuntu 12.04.1 failed, Fedora 10 failed, Windows 7 failed… but wait, CentOS 6.0 did not!

Ubuntu 12.04.1 and Windows 7 failed because I am running in an entirely virtualized environment,
so my virtual XenServer doesn't have HVM.  Fedora 10 failed because XS 6.1 doesn't like it.
 And, finally, since the virtual XS can only run "fully paravirtualized operating systems
such as some versions of Linux", such as CentOS, that is the reason why that VM was spun without
any problems.  My luck, I just had to try CentOS last  ;-)

In the upcoming weeks I should be able to go through this exercise again with physical machines,
but for now I am going to be happy CentOS is up and running in CloudStack 4.2

THANKS again, to everybody that helped.  This really is one of the most vibrant communities
I have seen in recent times.

David La Motta
Technical Marketing Engineer
Citrix Solutions