cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Sadhu <Suresh.Sa...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] VMSync improvement to better co-operate with external managers for features like HA/DRS and FT
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 10:29:54 GMT
Hi Kelven,

how does the state transition logic handled when a running job stuck in staring /stopping
state and other operations are in queued on the same object ,Also  does VirtualMachinePowerStateSync
 handle host power off scenarios? Earlier, we used to show VMs are up and running  even host
is powered  off.

As functional spec has  only high-level details, can you please  provide some guidelines
to QA to cover the corner scenarios once you are done with this feature implementation.

Regards
Sadhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelven Yang [mailto:kelven.yang@citrix.com]
Sent: 04 May 2013 08:14
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: [PROPOSAL] VMSync improvement to better co-operate with external managers for features
like HA/DRS and FT

I would like to propose an improvement effort on VMSync. This is to help build better interaction
with external virtualization manager (i.e., vCenter) for features like native HA, DRS and
FT.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/FS+-+VMSync+improvement

Since it is a low-level change and hard to describe it in short, only high-level principals
are detailed in FS.

Please review the first draft of FS and provide your comments and feedback.

Kelven