cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Baremetal and UCS UI when to check in
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 07:15:52 GMT
On 05/30/2013 10:33 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 10:19:53PM +0000, Animesh Chaturvedi wrote:
>>
>> As you may recall we had disabled Baremetal in 4.1 and master because of blocker
issues. Frank unfortunately has been tied up with $dayjob responsibilities and now plans
to start fixing baremetal issues the following week.

>> Jessica Wang had been working on the UI for baremetal and UCS but given that the
feature is disabled she is not sure how / when to check it in. I see the following options

>> 1) Add the UI support when we enable and fix baremetal
>> 2) Add the UI support now, keep it disabled and enable it later when Frank re-enables
the feature

>> The UI changes that will be made are:
>> - Baremetal: add Screen for Baremetal DHCP server and Baremetal PXE Server
>> - UCS:
>> 	- Screen to add UCS Manager to Zone
>> 	- Blades: List blades for the selected UCS Manager
>> 	- Screen to associate blades to service profiles for that UCS Manager
>>
>> IMHO option 1 is preferred since that ensures UI comes in when the feature is working
and integration tested. Please share your thoughts.

>> Thanks
>> Animesh
>>

> It seems silly to have it in the UI, but not in the underlying code.

+1 It should be the other way around. Code first, UI later or at the
same time.

Having "dead" UI options would also confuse people.

Wido