cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hiroaki KAWAI <ka...@stratosphere.co.jp>
Subject Re: Review Request: CLOUDSTACK-2327: make cloud-setup-agent ovs aware
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 06:17:38 GMT
Hi,

Thank you for comments;

(2013/05/29 9:32), Sheng Yang wrote:
> I saw it a bit late...
>
> But I just found it need to depends on
> agent.properties: network.bridge.type=openvswitch
>
> How would that happen if user didn't add host before?

It defaults to native linux bridge.

> Maybe we would just try "ovs-vsctl show" to see if we can find bridge
> for ovs or not, then overwrite the network.bridge.type?

What I thought was the XenServer ovs configuration process.
I remember I explicitly configured the hypervisor to use
openvswitch as a backing briding system.
One more reason was to allow people use native bridging
even one has accidentally installed openvswitch package.

I think you're suggesting making it more few setup steps
for enabling ovs. And I completly agree with it. So we might
need some more improvements here...