cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Using rados-java as a new Maven dependency for KVM
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 19:16:25 GMT
Hi,

In the rbd-snap-clone [0] branch I'm working on the new RBD features
like snapshotting, cloning and deploying System VMs on RBD.

To do this correctly I wrote Java bindings for librbd and librados (part
of the Ceph project).

These bindings [1] are just like libvirt-java just JNA bindings for
these libraries. Since these bindings aren't in Maven central I created
a Maven repository on Ceph.com [2] and I added it to the pom.xml of the
KVM plugin for the Agent.

Can we accept this as a dependency? It's just a Maven dependency which
doesn't include any binary code into the Git repo.

The bindings are currently GPLv2 licensed since that's what Ceph uses,
but does this conflict with the Apache project? I want to make sure it
will be included in the OSS builds of CloudStack, so I can change the
license if required.

I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not so sure about this.

Thoughts?

Wido

[0]:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/rbd-snap-clone