cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [MERGED] VMware DC to Zone mapping model into Master
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 20:10:25 GMT
On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 08:07:51PM +0000, Sateesh Chodapuneedi wrote:
> Hi,
> Completed merging branch vmware-datamodel into Master.
>
> Here is a note to users who deploy CloudStack over VMware hypervisor. We have a new step
introduced in the work flow of setting up CloudStack (1 more step before addCluster step).
> It is, before adding first VMware cluster into CloudStack zone, the zone has to be associated
with VMware datacenter of the cluster. API call to do so is "addVmwareDc"
> Ex:- http://MSIP:8096/?command=addVmwareDc&name=dc&zoneId=68da495b-cbb1-428c-a292-7686f02f9576&username=administrator&password=keys&url=http%3A%2F%2FVCENTER%2Fdc%2Fc2&response=json
> UI changes to accommodate this API is being tracked at JIRA ticket CLOUDSTACK-2782<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-2782>
>
> Regards,
> Sateesh

Can you update the docs for this then? It's an important change.

What about the migration process?  How are the DC's found and populated?