cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] zone wide primary storage support for VMware into MASTER
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 17:34:14 GMT
On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 08:18:27PM +0000, Sateesh Chodapuneedi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to merge support for zone wide primary storage for VMware resources in CloudStack
deployment. This is incremental piece of work to extend zone wide primary storage pool support
to VMware.
> Earlier zone wide primary storage support was merged into master as part of JIRA ticket
CLOUDSTACK-724. This is extended further to support VMware hypervisor as well.

> This feature updates DatastoreLifeCycle to consider hypervisor type while attaching datastore
to zone. This feature uses same framework that's laid out as part of zone wide primary storage
pool support for KVM. Code for this feature conforms to what was proposed in FS [1]. Implementation
is done in branch [2] up for review. ZoneWideStoragePoolAllocator would filter zone wide primary
storage pools by hypervisor type along with tags in disk profile. Hypervisor type is mandatory
parameter if scope is specified as ZONE while creating primary storage pool. KVM, VMware are
enabled to use ZoneWideStoragePoolAllocator.
> Please take a look at it and let me know your comments.
>
> Merge check list :-
>
> * Did you check the branch's RAT execution success?
> Yes
>
> * Are there new dependencies introduced?
> No
>
> * What automated testing (unit and integration) is included in the new feature?
> Unit/integration tests are already merged into master as part of CLOUDSTACK-724 to test
zone wide primary resource pool functionality.
> Marvin tests are submitted at review board by Talluri. Link - https://reviews.apache.org/r/11462/
>
> * What testing has been done to check for potential regressions?
> I've tested following cases manually,
> 1) Creation of zone wide primary storage where zone has multiple clusters
> 2) Add a cluster to existing zone which already have a zone wide primary storage
> 3) Deploy VM on zone wide primary storage by using storage pool tags.
> 4) Detach data disk from VM which was provisioned on zone wide primary storage
> 5) Attach data disk to a VM on another cluster
> 6) Delete volume which was provisioned on zone wide primary storage
>
> If there is no objection, I would merge the branch in 72 hours.
>
> Regards,
> Sateesh
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Zone-wide+primary+storage+target
> [2] refs/heads/zone-primarystorage-vmware
> [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-2029

LGTM - +1