cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ACS41] Discuss CLOUDSTACK-2463 being resolved in 4.1 vs 4.2
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 15:14:19 GMT
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 03:10:44PM +0000, Geoff Higginbottom wrote:
> Hi Chip,
>
> If I could add my 10 cents worth.
>
> I know of a number of potential CloudStack users who want to deploy CloudStack, but ONLY
when this feature is available as it is critical to their deployment plans.  One of them is
actually looking at OpenStack as an alternative!

> What I am also confused about is that it has been in Citrix CloudPlatform since 3.0.6
release, and has been improved in subsequent updates (2x patch releases)

> If it is working in CloudPlatform, we should be able to get it into the CloudStack 4.1
release

> Therefore I vote for option 1: Pull the feature into 4.1 and do the relevant testing
>
> I am sure I can get some volunteers to help with testing, myself included.
>
> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom

Geoff,

Thanks for the thoughts...  and yes, if we pull that feature in (and
your vote is noted) I'll absolutely look forward to you helping to test
once the code is in place!

-chip