cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Firewall rule question
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 06:54:32 GMT
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 06:43:44AM +0000, Koushik Das wrote:
> Prasanna,
>
> Interesting point. On one hand there is consistency and on the other
> hand flexibility. Not sure if the framework should be restrictive or
> as flexible as possible but I personally like the latter option.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread:

But I'm not sure of the flexibility you speak of, is it given to the
tenant? If I was a tenant using a network offering using the VR and
had programmed my FW rules accordingly. On upgrading my network
offering to say, a PaloAlto FW, if all my instances suddenly become
unreachable, I don't see that as favourable behaviour.

--
Prasanna.,