cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ACS41] BLOCKER: No SSVM Connectivity
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 15:08:03 GMT
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:03:25AM -0400, John Burwell wrote:
> All,
>
> I have encountered an issue with SSVM connectivity which is outlined in ticket CLOUDSTACK-2479.
 Essentially, the SSVM is being created, but the management server is unable to connect to
it.  Additionally, I am unable to SSH to it on the link-local interface.  I have outlined
the environment and reproduction steps in the ticket.  t am also attaching the Marvin configuration
I used to define the entire zone (including the networking and secondary storage).  This configuration
is a known good that has worked without issue on previous 4.1 builds.

> Thanks,
> -John

I was just talking with John on IRC about this.

Two questions:

Is the systemvm mvn build target actually functional in 4.1.0?  The
documentation that we have for the release reference the 3.x system VM
template downloads, and even the IPv6 experimental system vm templates
are built sort of our of band from the 4.1.0 code.

If the above is true, should we resolve this bug or downgrade it?

John mentioned that this build approach *was* working previously.

Thoughts?

-chip