cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] CLOUDSTACK-652 elastic IP
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 18:25:50 GMT
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 04:33:02PM +0000, Murali Reddy wrote:
> I would like to merge feature proposed as elastic IP [1] in to master. Feature has been
developed in feature branch 'portablepublicip' [4]

> In the original proposal [1] and FS [2] I was intending to introduces AWS like EIP semantics
that provide a ability to move public IP across the availability zones.  Since the real value
of this feature is ability to move public IP across the zones, so tying it with just static
NAT (which is EIP) is restricitve . So I have developed the feature in generic way so as to
enable all network services not just static NAT and yet keep the public IP transferrable across
the networks in a zone or across zones. I updated the FS which reflects simplified semantics
at [3]. Also, to keep with generic semantics, I am proposing this pool of public IP's to be
called 'portable ip's instead of 'EIP'.

> Integration tests for this feature is available at [5]. Branch is synced to latest master
and passes RAT check.

> [1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-dev/201303.mbox/%3CCD6C2308.373DC%25murali.reddy@citrix.com%3E
> [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/EIP+Enhancements
> [3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/portable+public+IP