cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: 4.1 release manager
Date Sat, 25 May 2013 14:33:14 GMT
On May 25, 2013, at 10:16 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 25, 2013, at 10:08 AM, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Some time back I offered to be RM for 4.1.x , since then I took on the
>>> GSoC effort and won't have time to be the RM.
>>>
>>> Therefore the position is up for grabs.
>>>
>>> Any takers ?
>>
>> can we get a brief description of the responsibilities? I just might be
>> interested
>
> You would be responsible to get the 4.1.x releases out the door. Keep track of the JIRA
bugs that need to be applied to the 4.1 branch, cherry-pick them, do some minimal testing
and conflict resolution. Then prepare the source artifacts, signature, release notes. And
finally start the [VOTE] threads.

> Basically what Joe has been doing for 4.0.x, am I sure he can elaborate and my one sentence
description.

> I am sure, Chip, Joe, myself and others would help you out to get in the groove.
>
> -Sebastien

The only requirement is that the RM needs to be a committer for the
technical aspects of the work. However, we might be able to work
something out if a non committer wanted to do this.