cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice Lawler <maurice.law...@me.com>
Subject Password Enabled Templates
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 03:50:15 GMT
Greetings:

Try as I might, I cannot seem to get the password reset tool to work with the instances created
from a password enabled template.

From what I read all that is required is:

Use the following steps to begin the Linux OS installation:

    Download the script file cloud-set-guest-password:
        Linux: http://cloudstack.org/dl/cloud-set-guest-password
        Windows: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloudstack/files/Password%20Management%20Scripts/CloudInstanceManager.msi/download

    Copy this file to /etc/init.d.
    On some Linux distributions, copy the file to /etc/rc.d/init.d.
    Run the following command to make the script executable:

    chmod +x /etc/init.d/cloud-set-guest-password

    Depending on the Linux distribution, continue with the appropriate step.
    On Fedora, CentOS/RHEL, and Debian, run:

    chkconfig --add cloud-set-guest-password

Which I have done just fine, but suspended / stopping the instance and resetting root password
does not work; along with that the system assigned root password does not take either.

Please advise.