cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Kelven Yang <kelven.y...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [VMWARE]Any way to allow concurrent operations?
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 17:26:46 GMT
We don't use queue facility/concurrency management within CloudStack
extensively for now, the orchestration flow (i.e., putting storage into
maintenance process) should launch concurrent tasks and manage it properly
to achieve maximum of concurrency without breaking integrity of the
operation.

We do need to add more convenient facilities at framework level to enable
these apparently needed features in various individual orchestration
flows. Currently we write most of orchestration flows in a sequential
execution manner.

Kelven