cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [ASFCS42] Proposed schedule for our next release
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 05:11:23 GMT

> Looking at that we fixed 217 bugs in roughly 2 months during 4.1 cycle,  fixing the backlog
of bug  will probably take us 2 months.  Should we extend the 4.2 test cycle by 2 months [Original
Schedule: 6/1 - 7/22, Extended Schedule: 6/1-9/22] to reduce the technical debt significantly?
I would like to hear how community wants to address technical debt. Based on the input and
consensus I will publish the agreed schedule next week.

So it's a bit confusing, you just proposed a schedule for keeping us
on the 4-month cycle, and then ask this question about extending it by
two months.
IMO changing the release cycle needs to be it's own thread though.

--David