cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [ACS41] API Compatibility Bug?
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:03:57 GMT
On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Min Chen <min.chen@citrix.com> wrote:

> I am not quite familiar with this. Alena, are you able to chip in to take
> a look? As far as code and functionality is concerned, I don't see API
> compatibility issue here.
>
> Thanks
> -min

There are two potential problems (we're discussing the repercussions in IRC
atm)

First is that if the API docs are reporting a change, then we have errant
API docs - which is a big problem IMO.
The second is that the tools we use to find changes have problems, which is
less of a problem, but also means that we can't track changes accurately
for documentation purposes.

--David