cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Phong Nguyen <pngu...@gilt.com>
Subject [DOCS] LXC documentation
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 19:54:32 GMT
Hi,

I have been working on adding LXC documentation [1].

LXC is very similar to KVM in terms of setup, so I would like to reuse most
of the KVM sections to avoid duplicate documentation. With the unique IDs
in the KVM sections, Publican will error out during build because it will
find duplicate IDs since these sections are included more than once.

As a workaround, I was able to define the <section> tags with unique IDs
for LXC and used xpointer references to source all children of the
<section> tag in the included KVM xml files. This works as expected,
however, it's brittle and I'd like to find a better solution.

What approach should we take for reusable documentation (within the same
book)? Should we not use any IDs in xml fragments that are deemed reusable?

[1] https://reviews.apache.org/r/10224/

Thanks,
Phong