cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Harikrishna Patnala <harikrishna.patn...@citrix.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Granular Global Parameters
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:08:02 GMT
Hi all,

There are many global parameters which are used to set values/limits/boolean for various operations,
but these parameters effects all zones/clusters/accounts/storage based on the parameter.
Here I would like to discuss on granulising these parameters so that these parameters can
be customised at different levels (zone/cluster/account/storage).
New APIs are introduced to update these parameters based on the level listed in the FS below.
During the creation of zone/cluster/account/storage default values for the granular parameters
are set from the normal global parameters and later these can be updated using the corresponding
API.

This proposal for Global granular parameters is detailed in the FS here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/FS+for+Granular+Global+Configuration+Parameters
The JIRA ticket for tracking is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-741

Please review this and provide me comments/suggestions.

Thanks
Harikrishna