cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sudha Ponnaganti <>
Subject RE: [ACS41] Final push to an RC?
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 20:14:53 GMT
Upgrade resolved defects are being validated tonight and tomorrow morning. 1839/1842 are  required
but they can be validated in RC Candidate drop as it seem to be isolated fix and may not impact
anything else. 

I need to cleanup some of the New and Improved feature list i.e mark them closed based on
resolved items and testing done. Haven't done in last couple of weeks. Will do after I finish
one more task for day job. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [] 
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 1:09 PM
Cc: Edison Su;; Abhinandan Prateek;
Subject: [ACS41] Final push to an RC?

Hi all,

We're getting there...  Here's what I see as outstanding:

* Edison - CLOUDSTACK-1224 Volume snapshot creation failing This bug was recently bumped from
major to Critical.  Edison, please shout if you disagree with the priority bump.

* Rohit - CLOUDSTACK-1839 Upgrade 4.0 -> 4.1 - Upgraded DB has lot more keys and indexes
for many tables compare to the fresh installed 4.1 DB.
We may need someone to review and fix if Rohit isn't around to fix this one in the next day
or so.  Pending his response to a query about availability.

* Abhinandan - CLOUDSTACK-1842 ASF 4.0 to 4.1 Upgrade: Missing Ubuntu 12.04 Guest OS Types
on the Upgraded Setup   Abhinandan Prateek
This bug was assigned to Abhinandan when I went to look at it.  I sent an email out to the
group asking a couple of questions as well.  Let's see if we can wrap this one up (as I believe
the solution should be fairly straight forward).

* Marcus - CLOUDSTACK-1845 KVM - storage migration often fails Marcus Sorensen
* Marcus - CLOUDSTACK-1846 KVM - storage pools can silently fail to be unregistered, leading
to failure to register later  Marcus Sorensen Marcus, I applied the fix for these to 4.1.
 Can you solve the 4.0 branch version of the problem so that the bugs can be resolved?  If
it's going to take awhile to get back to 4.0, I'd actually say that it's OK to not worry about
it much.  Unless you were trying to get the 4.0 fix into 4.0.2, we weren't planning to do
another bug-fix release for 4.0.x after 4.0.2.  Feel free to resolve the bugs if that makes
sense please.

* Unassigned - CLOUDSTACK-1868 GetVmStatsCommand throws NullPointerException with VMWare We
need someone to pick this one up.  Anyone?

* Joe - Release Notes
I think that the upgrade portion of the docs probably needs to be updated to reflect Wido's
notes on the wiki for how to perform the upgrade process itself.  Do you have this one under
control, or do you want help?  I'd love to have the upgrade instructions in the release itself
(and will probably hold off on an RC until we have them).

* QA Team - Upgrade testing finalization I see that there was some traffic about upgrade testing
over the weekend.  Where do we stand?  Are we done now that Wido provided the fixes he provided?

Any finally...  does anyone else have any outstanding work / items / bugs that you believe
need to be addressed before we start the voting process for 4.1.0's first RC?


View raw message