cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Federle <Brian.Fede...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [MERGE] Mixed zone management
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:40:03 GMT
Sorry, I'm confused as to what is missing in my merge request. From the wiki:

"Send an email with a "[MERGE]" tag in the subject line to the dev list.  It's useful to point
to the design doc on the wiki, the jira record for the work, and any of the critical discussions
that talk about the changes.  The reason for an email like this is to help the community understand
what the changes will be.  Because of this goal, pointing to the commit-sh in master that
tells everyone what point in the master tree they should use to compare the branch with.
Seeing a clean diff is critical to reviewing the proposed merge.

Once you send that email, wait for feedback for at least 72 hours!

If there is any constructive feedback or there are any concerns raised, address them before
pushing to master.  Ideally, other community members will want to reach consensus on any issues
without formally vetoing a merge, so respect concerns and work to get consensus from the community.

If there are no issues, proceed with your merge."

I specified the branch name and jira ticket. What else do I need, or do I need to format the
merge in a specific way? I do need a diff file?

-Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:32 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [MERGE] Mixed zone management

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:25:56AM -0700, Brian Federle wrote:
> [Re-sending, accidentally sent to the old incubator list before due to
> e-mail client autocorrect :)]
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to merge down the 'mixed zone management' support:
>
> This adds a new drop-down to the top of the UI to filter out zones by type - either 'Basic'
'Advanced' or by both basic + advanced (the default). This allows a better workflow for users/admins
to only view features pertaining to the zone type they are primarily managing. - i.e., if
the drop-down is set to 'Basic' then features unavailable to basic zones will be hidden in
the UI, such as VPC.

> Note that this change also converts the project switcher on the header to a drop-down,
for visual consistency.

> Branch is ui-mixed-zone-management
>
> -Brian

Hey Brian,

Can you do us a favor and look at some of the more recent merge requests?  Folks have been
doing a great job referencing all of the checks we're asking each other for in the merge expectation
page [1].

Just talking through what's done and not would be enough.

-chip

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Branch+Merge+Expectations