cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Sadhu <Suresh.Sa...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [Discuss] FS review-VMWare(Supporting DRS, HA)
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:06:23 GMT
Hi Kelven,

Hope you are working on this feature .Any updates on this feature. When can we expect the
 FS with full implementation details .I have put my comments in the below link so that it's
easy to track.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/VMWare+Enhancements+-+Support+for+DRS+and+VM+HA?focusedCommentId=30753355&

Regards
Sadhu

From: Suresh Sadhu
Sent: 18 January 2013 19:09
To: Hari Kannan; 'cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org'; 'cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org'
Subject: [Discuss] FS review-VMWare(Supporting DRS, HA

Hi Hari,

am the QA resource for this feature. I have reviewed the Functional spec and please find the
review comments below:

1.    Are we going to implement Cloudstack HA support for VMware or still will depend on Native
HA.

2.    Is the  Cloudstack HA support for VMware is only for DRS enabled cluster.

3.    Are we going to address  open vmware vmsync issue as part of this feature enhancement.

4.    please provide/update the FS with Flow/ implementation details ,like

n  How are we going to handle the power management

n  What happen CS and DRS tries to control the same vm at same time

n  How the CS will query/get info from DRS

n  Earlier  when the DRS enabled ,CS has no idea where the VM moved but it will try to query
 all the hosts till it finds the moved VM by DRS and it will update the  host as  parent host.
Now how this behaviour will work with your implementation.

n  How the Cloudstack handle VM replacement when& after Vm has been started

5.    DRS with fully automated will impact host/cluster performance and network. Not sure
why we added as requirement in FS (CloudStack must be able to support HA, load balancing and
power management in a DRS cluster that is setup in a fully automated fashion )is there any
specific reason.

Regards
Sadhu