cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DOCS][TRANSLATIONS] Upate
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:27:24 GMT

Le 24/04/2013 10:47, Milamber a ecrit :

> Le 24/04/2013 08:15, Sebastien Goasguen a ecrit :
>> On Apr 23, 2013, at 9:50 AM, Gavin Lee<gavin.lxh@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Following Milamber's guide , below process I used for
>>> 4.1.xmessage.properties on zh_CN:
>>> 1. git pull for the latest messages_zh_CN.properties
>>> 2. native2ascii -reverse messages_zh_CN.properties
>>> /tmp/zh_CN.properties.native -encoding utf8
>>> 3. copy to the CloudStack_UI transifex project:
>>> cp/tmp/zh_CN.properties.native /
>>> txprj/acsui/translations/CloudStack_UI.41xmessageproperties
>>> 4. tx push -l zh_CN -r CloudStack_UI.41xmessageproperties -t
>>> 5. Do translation on transifex, there are some untranslated items when
>>> syncing with en.properties
>>> 6. tx pull -a
>>>

>>> Then convert to ascii with unicode, the i18nedit tools throws
>>> exception, I
>>> tried native2ascii command as below and UI display correctly:
>>> native2ascii -encoding UTF-8 zh_CN.properties messages_zh_CN.properties
>>>
>>> Are the whole processes above correct or not?
>>>
>> Gavin, I will differt o milamber on this one, he is working on this
>> to clean up the encoding and provide scripts that can make us go back
>> and forth between the source and transifex cleanly.
>
> Exactly, I've works on this. Please give some times to do this ;-)

Seb,

Works done with the new tool ./tools/transifex/sync-transifex-ui.sh.

You can read the README file into the same directory to know the usage.

Generally, when some new behavior on CS UI are made by developers, they
add some new keys/values in messages.properties and commit.
After, a sync upload source file is needs.
==>
./sync-transifex-ui.sh upload-source-language
CloudStack_UI.42xmessagesproperties

And time-to-time or after a update request by a translator, we need
download the L10N resource files in CS git tree.
==>
./sync-transifex-ui.sh download-l10n-languages
CloudStack_UI.42xmessagesproperties

Milamber