cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DOCS][TRANSLATIONS] Upate
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:44:12 GMT

Le 23/04/2013 13:50, Gavin Lee a ecrit :
> Following Milamber's guide , below process I used for
> 4.1.xmessage.properties on zh_CN:
> 1. git pull for the latest messages_zh_CN.properties
> 2. native2ascii -reverse messages_zh_CN.properties
> /tmp/zh_CN.properties.native -encoding utf8
> 3. copy to the CloudStack_UI transifex project: cp/tmp/zh_CN.properties.native /
> txprj/acsui/translations/CloudStack_UI.41xmessageproperties
> 4. tx push -l zh_CN -r CloudStack_UI.41xmessageproperties -t
> 5. Do translation on transifex, there are some untranslated items when
> syncing with en.properties
> 6. tx pull -a
>

> Then convert to ascii with unicode, the i18nedit tools throws exception, I
> tried native2ascii command as below and UI display correctly:
> native2ascii -encoding UTF-8 zh_CN.properties messages_zh_CN.properties
>
> Are the whole processes above correct or not?

Yes the process is correct, but currently on master branch the
messages_zh_CN.properties is not converting into a ASCII with unicode
unlike the 4.1 branch.
I will fix this for all messages_xx.properties on master branch today
(tonight) (FRench is already convert)

=== (on master branch) ===

cloudstack-dev/client/WEB-INF/classes/resources$ file *
messages_fr_FR.properties: ASCII text, with very long lines
messages_ja.properties:    UTF-8 Unicode text, with very long lines
messages_ko_KR.properties: UTF-8 Unicode text, with very long lines
messages.properties:       ASCII text, with very long lines
messages_pt_BR.properties: ISO-8859 text, with very long lines
messages_ru_RU.properties: UTF-8 Unicode text, with very long lines,
with CRLF line terminators
messages_zh_CN.properties: UTF-8 Unicode text, with very long lines,
with CRLF, LF line terminators

=== (on 4.1 branch) ===
cloudstack-dev/client/WEB-INF/classes/resources$ file *
messages_ca.properties:    ASCII text, with very long lines
messages_de_DE.properties: ASCII text
messages_es.properties:    ASCII text, with very long lines
messages_fr_FR.properties: ASCII text, with very long lines
messages_it_IT.properties: ASCII text, with very long lines
messages_ja.properties:    ASCII text, with very long lines
messages_ko_KR.properties: ASCII text, with very long lines
messages_nb_NO.properties: ASCII text
messages.properties:       ASCII text, with very long lines
messages_pt_BR.properties: ASCII text, with very long lines
messages_ru_RU.properties: ASCII text, with very long lines
messages_zh_CN.properties: ASCII text, with very long lines

Milamber