cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [DOC] Opening vncextras firewall ports in ESXi 5.1
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:41:32 GMT
On 04/10/2013 04:23 PM, Jason Cadmus wrote:
> I have some documentation on how to accomplish this task and would like to
> contribute it to the ACS documentation for CS 4.1.

Awesome!

> I am going through the following link below, trying to comprehend how to
> accomplish this. I have downloaded the source for 4.1, compiled to
> documentation with publican, and see what section the information needs to
> added to.
> https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/cloudstack-documentation-contributors-overview.html
>
> I do not have a developer background what so every so please
> have patience with my questions.

Ask away, we're very happy to help folks who want to contribute.
Speaking as a non-developer who's also working on docs, I understand
that it involves a bit of a learning curve.

> Should create a new xml doc or do I edit and existing xml doc?

It depends on whether what you want to add fits with an existing
section, or whether it needs its own section.

Another option would be to write the docs on the wiki and create a doc
task to port the documentation into the appropriate guide. For a
first-time docs contribution, that might be an easy way to go. Then
you'd have an template to work off of for the next time.

We're usually on IRC during the day as well if you have questions about
how to work in Publican, or anything else.

> Is there a easier way for someone to contribute with having a Sys Admin
> background?

We can use a lot of help getting the wiki in shape and if you have
experience with CloudStack and want to add to the wiki information,
that'd be awesome as well.

I'm sure other folks have ideas too.

Thanks!

Joe