cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] API name alias
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 13:11:07 GMT
Kishan,

Annotations support the specification of arrays as annotation values which allows the compiler
to verify the form of the value (avoiding a potential runtime exception due to a typo) and
a more expressive value.  Annotation array values are treated as a varargs -- therefore, single
names do not require brackets.  For these reasons, I recommend using a array value for the
annotation rather than a comma-separated string.

Thanks,
-John

On Apr 8, 2013, at 9:03 AM, Kishan Kavala <Kishan.Kavala@citrix.com> wrote:

> APICommand annotation in API Cmd object has a name parameter. Currently name parameter
takes only one value. I plan to enhance this to support comma separated values. This will
allow multiple API names for the same API Cmd object.

> Current:
> @APICommand(name = "apiName1", ..
>
> Proposed:
> @APICommand(name = "apiName1, apiAlias2, apiAlias3", ..
>
> Requirement:
> As part of CLOUDSTACK-763, I'll be introducing NetworkACLList (grouping of NetworkACLItems).
 Current APIs use *NetworkACL (create NetworkACL/deleteNetworkACL etc..) for NetworkACLItem
related APIs. These APIs have to be changed to *NetworkACL Item(create NetworkACLItem/deleteNetworkACLItem
etc..) to get the terminology right. We also need to support old API names for backward compatibility.
Hence the need for API name alias.

> Terminology:
> NetworkACLItem - Individual ACL Entry (was NetworlACL earlier).
> NetworkACL - Group of Network ACL Items. API will use the term NetworkACLList to differentiate
from the existing NetworkACL APIs.