cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sailaja Mada <sailaja.m...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [MERGE] ASA 1000v as external firewall in isolated guest networks
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 04:42:15 GMT
Hi,

I can help to get the test infrastructure ready (Nexus,VNMC & ASA) to run automation tests
. I am planning to prepare the write up to configure Nexus, VNMC and ASA . I will update cwiki
with these details.

Thanks,
Sailaja.M

-----Original Message-----
From: prasanna [mailto:srivatsav.prasanna@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Prasanna Santhanam
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 6:57 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [MERGE] ASA 1000v as external firewall in isolated guest networks

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 09:20:39AM -0400, Chip Childers wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 06:39:29AM +0000, Koushik Das wrote:
> > Currently there are no functional tests, did e2e tests manually.
> > There are some external setup that is required which then needs to be added to Cloudstack
like Nexus 1000v, VNMC, ASA 1000v appliance details. I don't see any existing tests related
to Vmware/Nexus stuff which I can reuse, so implementing all these steps would need some time.

> > So wanted to check if it is ok to merge now and add the functional tests subsequently?
>
> Before we merge it in, can we first discuss how we want to hand this
> sort of thing?  It seems that at least a marvin test, not run by
> default, would be helpful here.  Certainly documentation on how to
> setup an environment to support the test is also needed.
>
> Do other's have thoughts on this?

+1 - I can spare some hardware to host virtual instances of the ASA
appliance. We do NetScaler VPXs in this fashion. But I'm not sure what kind of pre-programming
will be required on the ASA to run the test.
So some documentation would certainly help.

--
Prasanna.,